According to information from school portals (Teach Thought and School20) and other specialists, videogames help learning the knowledge and competencies associated to twenty-first century, especially in five different abilities.
When you play you develop the capability of making decisions and strategic thinking because managing resources and functions, as well as action planning are necessary to play games. These skills also match everyday life needs.
Many games, such as Minecraft or World of Warcraft, are built to stimulate problem solving models. Practicing a way of thinking that tries to find solutions for certain issues has direct application in real life, too.
Moreover, several games require team work and contribute to promote cooperation.
Any game, even the most popular Call of Duty, teaches you that in order to live in community you have to establish rules and standards and ensure that all its members follow them.
Finally, and according to researchers, practicing the digital citizenship could be a key factor to succeed in real society, once that the digital experience is connected to processes of selection of information, development of critical thinking, digital skills and autonomy.
How to create a Facebook group
If you have things you only would like to share with a small group of people in Facebook, it is possible. You just have to create a group, add friends and start sharing. Once you have your group, you can post updates, poll the group, chat with everyone at once, etc.
Groups let you share things with the people who will care about them most. By creating a group for each of the important parts of your life — family, teammates, coworkers — you decide who sees what you share.
In any group you can control who sees your group, so it can be:
- Secret: only members see the group, who’s in it and what members post.
- Closed: anyone can see the group and who’s in it; only members see posts.
- Open (public): anyone can see the group, who’s in it and what members post.
To create a Facebook Group follow these three basic steps:
1. Go to your home page and click Create Group in the left hand column. If you have existing groups, you may need to click More before you see this link.
2. A pop-up box will appear, where you will be able to add a group name, add members and select the privacy setting for your group. Click the Create Group button when you’re finished.
3. Once the group is created, you will be taken to the group’s page. To get started click on Definition Button at the top right of the page and select Edit Group. From here you can add a group description, set a group email address, add a group picture and manage members.
(This section contains information from www.facebook.com)